Mount Dora Christian Academy & Children’s Home is hiring for two key positions — Chief Financial Officer and Social Worker. Please note these positions require appropriate college degrees, relevant experience, and are open to faithful members of a church of Christ.
These positions are a great opportunity to join an established, successful Christian ministry and do rewarding work that benefits children and families. We welcome inquiries from interested, qualified candidates.
Please see a brief overview below of each position, along with contact information for interested candidates.
Chief Financial Officer
Mount Dora Christian Academy & Children’s Home is searching for a Chief Financial Officer to lead the financial management of a growing and dynamic Christian ministry. The CFO will be responsible for the financial operations of the organization. He/She will supervise Facilities, Information Technology, Food Services, and the Variety Shoppe. He/She is responsible for safe-guarding the assets of the school and ensuring that all financial and operational functions meet the needs of the school and its constituencies. This position reports to the President and serves on the President’s Cabinet. The CFO also will work closely with the Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
- At least seven years of accounting experience, preferably in a school capacity. Proven managerial, problem-solving and planning capability.
- Significant experience in responsibly managing financial, administrative and day-to-day business operations.
- Passion for continuous process improvement, accuracy, and detail.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex issues and their financial/operational implications.
- Strong, hands-on experience in financial management including analysis and reporting, budgeting, asset management, audit compliance, federal and state tax regulations, and reporting procedures.
- Ability to strategize and develop mechanisms to manage expenses.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to administrators, staff and faculty, families and other constituents.
- Must be highly analytical and able to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner. Detail oriented and organized.
- Flexible and creative in the execution of duties.
- Ability to think clearly and make sound decisions under sometimes pressured situations.
- Past experience in non–profit accounting and software. MDCA&CH uses Blackbaud for accounting and donor management.
The model candidate will exude a collaborative, positive and “team” attitude in His/Her leadership style and be a faithful member of the church of Christ. Finally, the candidate will enthusiastically embrace and support the mission of Mount Dora Christian Academy and Children’s Home as outlined in the Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
Dr. James E. Moore, President
301 13th Ave.
Mount Dora, FL 32757
Mount Dora Children’s Home is expanding to serve more children and families. A Social Work position is available immediately to work in our Single Parent and Group Home programs.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Varies based on education level and experience
A successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Be a faithful and active member within a church of Christ congregation
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience in the human services field working with children and/or families
- Meet the State of Florida Criminal background check requirements as well as agency background checks
About the Organization: Mount Dora Children’s Home has been serving children and families since 1945 and is affiliated with the churches of Christ. Our beautiful 70-acre campus is in the heart of Central Florida.
Send a Resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Social Services
301 West 13th Avenue
Mount Dora, Florida 32757