Residential Services for Children
Our residential services for children provide a loving, nurturing environment for children in need of a stable home and family that provides opportunities for each child to learn, grow, and thrive as individuals.
Residential homes are overseen by Christian house parents who provide a positive family environment. These Christian homes are modern, well-equipped, and co-located on a 70-acre campus alongside the Mount Dora Christian Academy (pre-K-12 private, Christian school).
We strive to provide a home environment where every child has the opportunity to develop his or her God-given talents and mature into productive young adults. This includes training in independent living skills and leadership development. Each home is designed with areas where a child can study, play, recreate, and relax in a secure and comfortable setting. Most importantly, we provide a place where children can discover God and grow spiritually. Children and house parents attend church together on a regular basis and children are encouraged to participate actively in their local church’s youth group.
The Mount Dora Children’s Home is licensed by the Florida Association of Christian Child Caring Agencies. Since our founding in 1945, we have made life better for hundreds of children who need to see that caring and love do exist in a world that often seems unfair.
Residential Services for Children include:
- Housing in a licensed home
- Loving, Christian house parents
- Meeting basic needs such as clean clothes, a warm bed, and home-cooked meal
- Enrollment at Mount Dora Christian Academy when eligible
- Tutoring for classes
- Professional counseling as needed
- Assistance in accessing health-related needs (medical, dental and vision)
- Transportation to church, doctor visits, and other errands
- Career and vocational exploration
- Participation in recreational, cultural, and spiritual enrichment activities